Let’s talk about great introductory motorcycles that are affordable too.
Affordable Motorcycles For First Time Riders
Are you interested in riding a motorcycle, but don’t have any idea where to start? Don’t worry – Boundless Rider is here to help! Let’s talk about great introductory motorcycles that are affordable too. Yes, an older, used motorcycle may offer a lower price point, but cheaper isn’t always better, especially when it comes to new riders. The comfortable power, size and weight will differ for every rider. An introductory, reasonably priced bike can be had with a little digging. Of course, before this adventure can even start, we recommend taking a motorcycle safety course to obtain a motorcycle license or license endorsement.
Here’s a list of some affordable beginner motorcycles:
- Honda Rebel 300: Starting at around $4,750, the Honda Rebel 300 is a popular choice for beginner riders and those looking for an affordable cruiser-style motorcycle. It is smaller sized and lightweight, which allows first time riders to handle with ease. The relative low seating position allows for shorter riders to reach the ground. Check out more here.
- Kawasaki Ninja 400: Priced at around $5,300, the Kawasaki Ninja 400 is a lightweight, agile sport bike that’s great for city riding. It packs great power with modern technology. Not to mention it has great gas efficiency. Read more here.
- Yamaha YZF-R3: The Yamaha YZF-R3 is another popular sport bike that’s priced around $5,500. It’s a great option for beginners or those looking for a more affordable sport bike. Just like the Ninja 400 the YZF has modern technology and great power for a smaller engine. Learn more here.
- Suzuki SV650: The Suzuki SV650 is a versatile motorcycle that’s good for both commuting and sport riding. It would be considered a standard/naked motorcycle (no fairings) with a v-twin engine. It starts at around $7,300. Check out more information here.
- KTM 390 Duke: Priced around $5,500, the KTM 390 Duke “The Corner Rocket” is a lightweight and fun naked bike that’s good for city riding and short trips. Not only is it a 44hp engine, but it has a “slipper clutch” which is found in most high end sport bikes. Read more about it here.
- Royal Enfield Classic 350: Starting at around $4,600, the Royal Enfield Classic 350 is a retro-styled motorcycle with a classic design and an affordable price tag. Royal Enfield has a long lineage of motorcycling that has helped produce a modern classic like the Classic 350. Learn more here.
- Kawasaki Versys-X 300: The Kawasaki Versys-X 300 is a versatile adventure bike that’s good for both on-road and light off-road riding. It features a twin cylinder inline engine with tall suspension for off-road clearance. It starts at around $6,200. Read more here.
- Yamaha MT-03: The Yamaha MT-03 is a naked sport bike that’s great for commuting and city riding. The MT-03 features a twin cylinder engine and aggressive looks. Yamaha took cool styling cues with some crazy color combinations. It’s priced around $5,000. Check out more here.
Again, prices may vary depending on location and other factors, so it’s always a good idea to research and compare prices at your local dealer before you make a final decision. Rider experience, intended use, insurance and maintenance costs should also be considered when choosing your first motorcycle. Before purchasing, taking a test ride is recommended. Be sure you can afford the payments if the motorcycle is being financed. Be sure to inquire about the vehicle warranty and extended warranty options. If the motorcycle is slightly used, have a mechanic inspect the condition to make sure it is in good working order. Pick quality riding gear to complement the ride and always ride safely!
Boundless Rider does not endorse purchasing any make or model of a motorcycle. This is purely for informational purposes for riders looking for affordable, beginner motorcycle options.