Last revised October 25, 2023
Your information privacy is extremely important to us.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
When we refer to “we”, “us”, or “our” we mean Boundless Rider Insurance Agency, LLC or any other affiliated company which includes MileUp, Inc., our parent company, as well as our insurance carrier partners including Redpoint County Mutual Insurance Company, Incline Casualty Company, and their respective re-insurance partners.
When we refer to “you”, “your”, or “user”, we mean the person accessing our website. If the person accessing our website does so on behalf of, or for the purposes of, another person, including a business or other organization, “you” or “your” also means that other person, including such business organization.
1. MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION PREFERENCES
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
CATEGORIES AND TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following categories and types of personal information:
- Contact Information: your first and last name, mailing address, email address;
- Other identifying information: IP address, agent string, user string, your payment information;
- Financial information: bank account information, credit card information, check information, credit history, and credit score;
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our Website and which elements of our Website you use the most;
- Commercial information: personal property that is either being insured or considered to be insured, including valuables, vehicles, and real estate; records of insurance policies purchased, obtained, or considered;
- Visual information: photos & imagery that you provide to us;
- Insurance and Driving History: length of insurance with a carrier, length of time as a driver, driver’s license classification, driving and accident history and experience;
- Vehicle Information: make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN), color, value, optional equipment, transport trailer, garaging location, vehicle location, and driving characteristics such as mileage, location, speed, cornering, brake usage, and other relevant telematic information; and
- Inferences: inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior, and attitude.
CATEGORIES OF USE
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, financial information and commercial information to:
- Determine what type of insurance policies and Services may be relevant to you;
- Update your insurance policy upon your request; and
- To provide insurance and risk-management related services to you.
- Analytical Purposes: We use your internet activity and browsing history to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, internet or other electronic activity, and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new products, services, opportunities and offers; and
- Provide you with other information from and about us, including personalized marketing communications; and
- Provide you with marketing information from third parties who do business with us which we determine may be relevant to you.
- Maintenance and Improvement of Services and our Website: We use your contact information, commercial information, and internet activity and browsing history to:
- Provide and maintain functionality on our Websites;
- Handle your customer services requests to us;
- Check website performance, both from a functionality standpoint, and effectiveness of attracting and retaining customer engagement; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Websites.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to protect our Website, us, and others, and for, fraud detection, theft prevention, and legal compliance.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information from the following sources:
We collect information directly from you. We collect contact, financial, certain identifying information directly from you.
We collect information from you passively. We collect Internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies, web beacons and tracking pixels, SDKs, and other similar technologies. This activity is further described in the Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers section below.
We collect information from you from third parties. We collect information about you related to your driving record, to verify your personal details such as know‑your‑client (KYC) requirements, your prior insurance claims, your credit history, your criminal history record, etc.
WHEN WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Our Service Providers
We may share personal information with among the various organizations which make us up, as well as those businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with MileUp, Inc., and specifically, our insurance carrier partners including Redpoint County Mutual Insurance Company, Incline Casualty Company, and their respective re-insurance partners.
Law Enforcement and Courts
In certain instances we may disclose your contact information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to us, or to others. We may also disclose your contact information when we believe the law or legal process requires it.
3. COOKIES AND ANONYMOUS IDENTIFIERS
We use Google Analytics on our Website and our Services to collect Usage Data, to analyze how users use our Website and our Services, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics in this fashion by us or other third parties you can visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
4. HOW WE USE INFORMATION AND WHEN WE MAY SHARE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION GENERALLY
5. PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU MAKE AVAILABLE TO OTHERS
By using our Website or our Services you may make certain of your Personal Information available to others. For example, when you post a comment or a photo on our Website other users may see your name (first name and last name initial, or other display information we may select), the city you live in, and other information you choose to make available to others.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us while in transit and while at rest. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through Website or our Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through our Website or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
8. CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA Rights”). This section describes those rights and how you can exercise them with Baldwin Risk Partners.
CCPA Rights Requests
RIGHT TO KNOW AND RIGHT TO DELETION
You can request what personal information we have collected, used, and disclosed in the preceding 12 months.
You can also request that we delete your personal information. We may not delete all of your personal information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our services).
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF WE DELETE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, MANY OF OUR SERVICES WILL NOT WORK FOR YOU THE SAME. FOR EXAMPLE, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH SERVICES, WE WILL NO LONGER HAVE A RECORD OF YOUR PREVIOUS OPT OUT REQUESTS WILL, AND SAVED PREFERENCES AND INFORMATION WILL NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE.
To submit a request to know or a request to delete, please send a detailed email message to [email protected]. In order to verify your identity, we will need your name, address, phone number, and email address registered on our Website. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf. If you wish to make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your information.
DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information that We Sell
We may “sell” (as sell is defined in CCPA) the following categories of Personal Information:
- Commercial information; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, preferences, behavior, and attitudes.
We “sell” your Personal Information to Service Providers, such as data co-ops. We do not knowingly sell the Personal Information of minors under the age of 16.
RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF SALE
California residents have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties, as “sale” is defined under CCPA.
To submit a request to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information, please send a detailed email message to [email protected]. In order to verify your identity, we will need your name, address, phone number and email address. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA Rights and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your CCPA Rights.
9. PROCESSING IN THE UNITED STATES
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using our Website or Services, you are agreeing to the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.